C-Band 3.4-7.1 GHz (500 MHz – 7.5 GHz)
ViaLite‘s C-Band RF over fiber link covers 3.4 – 7.1 GHz, and has a full operational range of 500 MHz – 7.5 GHz. The range includes the ITU-R radio regulations frequency for fixed satellite – earth to space (7.075 GHz). The link is available as a rack chassis card or new purple OEM module.
By removing the need to down-convert signals to an IF band, the link cuts running costs and reduces overall system costs. It can also boost reliability as there are fewer components in a system. The OEM module has also been designed to use minimal power, resulting in lower running costs and total cost of ownership.
- C-Band 3.4 – 7.1 GHz
- Full frequency range covered by link is 500 MHz – 7.5 GHz
- No IF down conversion needed
- Up to 50 km range
- Rack chassis card or OEM module
- SNMP monitoring & control available with the rack chassis card
The ViaLiteHD C-Band Link is suitable for Satcom, Broadcast, Weather Radar, Wireless CCTV (5 GHz products), Telemetry and Defense applications.
It is used to transport C-Band signals from dishes to:
- Ground-station control rooms
- Broadcasters in the field
- Broadcast headends
- Outdoor broadcast trucks
- Weather radar
- Telemetry and tracking.
C-Band for Mil-Aero
L, S and C Tri-Band RF Over Fiber Link, 500 MHz to 7.5 GHz
Key Performance Features
- Tri-Band RF Over fiber design operates simultaneously across L, S and C Band
- Wideband design extends frequency capability from 500 MHz to 7.5 GHz, includes P-Band
- Superior (SF) Dynamic Range: L-Band 110 dB, S-Band 108 dB, C-Band 105 dB
- Low Noise Figure: L-Band 11 dB, S-Band 16 dB, C-Band 23 dB, at +15 dB maximum gain settings
- Laser options available for DWDM multiplexing, as well as long distance link (LDL) transport >50 km
- Hot swappable 1U/3U ViaLite chassis rack card or OEM standalone module mechanical formats
- Low power draw (6 watts TX, 3 watts RX), high reliability design, comes with 5-year warranty.
- Cost effective native frequency solution – eliminates need for block up and down conversion
- Allows RF over fiber transport to be implemented with any existing Tri-Band antenna
- Ideal for high-dynamic-range and low noise figure applications
- Rack card format operates within standard ViaLite chassis and SNMP M&C – can coexist with other ViaLite RF cards – offering extreme flexibility to support multiple signal formats and frequency bands in a single frame platform.
- Military Aerospace and Defense Electronic Telemetry Systems
- Government Signal Intelligence (SIGINT)
- Satcom Teleport Ground Station Antenna Signal Distribution
- Remote Antenna Monitoring and Signal Processing.