Series 97 10 W
Dual-in-Line Reed Relays
• SoftCenter™ construction
• Encapsulated in a plastic package with internal mu-metal magnetic screen
• Wide range of switch configurations - 1 Form A, 1 Form B, 2 Form A, 1 Form C
• Many benefits compared to industry standard relays. Learn more here >.
• Dry and mercury wetted switches are available with the same pin configuration and footprint
• 5, 12 and 24 Volt coils are standard, with or without internal diode
The Series 97 is a range of reed relays with pins in the popular Dual-in-Line format.
Being encapsulated in a plastic package using a very high resistivity epoxy resin gives the device several advantages over the more usual moulded construction. The reed switches are not subjected to the high temperatures and pressures of the transfer moulding process with the inherent risk of damage to the sensitive glass to metal seals. The construction incorporates a mu-metal wrap around the operating coil to eliminate magnetic interaction problems.
Higher drive levels are achieved, allowing a full range of switching configurations including 1 or 2 Form A (energize to make), Form C (change-over) and Form B (energize to break) in both dry and mercury wetted types.
If higher coil resistance levels are required, please look at our Series 98 DIL relays which may be driven directly from 74HC or 74HCT CMOS logic.
A useful tip
If there is a chance that you might want to use mercury wetted relays instead of dry relays at a later date, for example to increase switch ratings, lay out the PCB initially as though for the mercury wetted type with pins 1 and 14 uppermost. This allows uprating later without PCB changes. The mercury versions in the Series 97 have identical pin configurations to the dry types.
|Brand||Pickering Electronics Ltd|